Theo, Good work mate!

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Thursday 11 September 2008 01:05

Due to the problems Setanta Broadband was causing me I missed the first half of the game other than the odd image and a bit of commentary. I did however hear the commentators slag off Walcott’s performance, within literally 20 seconds there was a Croatian goalkeeper picking Theo’s shot out of his net. I found myself (somewhat riled by the frustration of the lack of a picture) screaming “how do you like them apples!” at my screen. They obviously heard me because they changed their tune as Theo was going to be walking out with the match ball.

Not only was his performance confident and mature for someone of such a young and inexperienced position it was exciting to watch. I will not be the only Arsenal fan to be delighted to see a Gooner starting for our country but to score the first goal in open play since 2002 was amazing! During the second half I did notice Theo lost possession of the ball a couple of times and there were a couple of loose passes but this was somewhat covered up by his 2 goals in the half.

In the post match interview I was impressed with his team spirit. He seemed more interested in the squad and a famous win in an oppositions graveyard (a bit like Ashburton) than he did in his own epic performance.

Do you think Arsene will pick him for Blackburn in 2 days?

Comments (0)