Squad Celebration: 9, Eduardo

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Saturday 6 September 2008 16:36

Dudu is possibly one of the most unlucky players in the history of the Premiership. I am basing this on the timing of his injury. There is no guarantee he will ever be able to play to the same standard again.

I always thought when people said oh it’s difficult to adapt to a new league that was just an excuse or a tactic to buy some time before their signings to get slated but I then I think Eduardo was a good example of a bit of time needed to get settled. I was really worried about us signing a player from a nothing league to replace Henry (this was in the worry days). After a few Carling Cup games he found his English club form and was electric.

Eduardo has shown dedication in his attempt to get back to fitness and has brought out the best in the Arsenal fans, the amount of good wishes that were sent was incredible. Football is effectively a primitive tribal instinct lead sport, giving fans an opportunity to be part of effectively a family or community.

Now for my chant suggestion, you know how some times they play the heart beat thing? Well I think if the fans did that (the Du Du, Du du, Du du) This also happens to be Eduardo’s nickname so it could be linked to him and I think it would really boost the atmosphere and create a bit of suspense!

I just hope Dudu can make a full recovery. I think he could be a long term first team player – even with a fully fit squad!

Arsenal News

Comments (4)

I agree that we shoud definitely chant something in celebration of his recovery (when he returns of course), and the chant you described sounds pretty good.

By the way, I had a quick question. How did you add the "last post" thing to your list of blogs? I pondered doing that myself, but I don't know how.

Never mind about my question. Just figured it out myself. Great article though, what does everyone else think?

I think dudu is a great player..he scores goals out of nothing.we are blessed to have him at the club...quick recovery young man.Blessings

Absolutely, hope he gets back to playing like he was before. One more question Gooner Get Ya, is there a trick for getting your page featured on Goonernews.com? I see a lot of other sites listed on it, including yours, but mine is not for some reason. Did you do anything to get featured, or was your blog just "spotted" by Goonernews?