Match Preview: Blackburn Rovers, a dog or a car manufacturer sold for a tenner?

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Friday 12 September 2008 16:49

I hear from my Ashburton Source (Ash sauce from now on) that the groundsman is having to use a rare type of non-toxic white paint to do the lines on the pitch in the RARE chance that Robbie Fowler can put the ball in the goal and do a silly celebration. Obviously there are some mitigating factors in this; the most obvious is that he is about 80, he has no pace, and is rubbish! I don’t know why he is bothering. He bought a load of property and made an absolute bucket of cash on top of massive wages, that being said he has scored a few against us.

Prediction
Gooners to sneak it by a goal 1-2

Key Battle
Santa Cruz vs. Gallas – We wanted to buy him because he is good! Gallas isn’t quite as good. I’ve put this in Lehmann’s terms because I miss him!

Players to Watch
· Theo, he has come off a blinder.
· Cesc, feels he has something to prove defensively, important regarding

Odds
Arsenal - 5-6
Draw – 12-5
Blackburn – 7-2

Probable XI
Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Denilson Walcott
Adebayor van Persie

Missing Players

Blackburn
Ooijer
Dunn
Grella

Arsenal
Eduardo,
Rosicky,
Diaby,
Nasri?
Silvestre?
Vela, (knackered)

Now Blackburn are one of those nothing teams that just sort of appear every now and then for the occasional kickabout. I have had to endure the chat of Ince and all that boredom throughout the summer. Despite the team being about as interesting as Fulham but a fair bit better, I have never been so excited about a game against the Rovers ( rubbish name, stick to people who make guns!). In saying that they have made the S**rs give us £7m for Bentley which is funny!

We have just come back from the pain of international football (I must say I enjoyed watching Theo but that was about it). So I expect the team to be a bit rusty. Fabregas has been disappointed with his Spanish form so I hope he will prove a point. Silvestre might be back from injury and I suspect he will bench it due to the lack of match fitness. Nasri is also a doubt which means that Eboue will probably take the right and shunt Theo to the left (if he starts). I expect a good performance from Theo because I think he is a confidence player and will be on a massive high from the England success. If he doesn’t start I think Ramsey might because Wenger is pleased with his progress and is possibly a bit fresher than Theo.

Paul Ince came up with "We could have picked an easier game as we have had so many players away on international duty and we don't have a squad the size of Arsenal.” I would just like to inform Mr Ince that actually Arsenal have more injuries and more players involved in international fixtures so he is wrong! Man up mate, don't be such a girl all is fair if we beat you it’s because we are better than you not because your squad is in a better position than ours!

I would just like to draw readers’ attention to my post regarding Theo, having listened to the Wenger pre-game interview on Arsenal TV. My comments on Theo’s interview were practically quoted by Arsene! Therefore in a roundabout sort of way this blog is the inspiration of our heroic manager! It’s all about me!
1 day ‘til Blackburn!

Comments (0)