Squad Celebration: 6, Philippe Senderos

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Thursday 4 September 2008 23:50

Big Phil reminds me of my Aunt’s inbred Labrador, this may sound cruel but there is a similarity in their facial expression, it is a sort of constant look of slight guilt, and the idea that they know they are a bit of a burden (and their foreheads are about the same shape but that’s a touch harsh). I have a soft spot for both the dog and the Swiss defender.

I remember the Pre-Gallas days where Swiss Tony was pretty much a first team player and we were not quite as leaky . Gallas came in and was definatlely not going to be subbing so Phil was spending most of the game time in a tracksuit. This meant that the little time he has spent on the pitch seems to amplify any mistakes made. And his aesthetic similarity to Pascal also makes him look prone to a mix up. He is also often involved in a weaker side so there are going to be defensive frailties.

I don't get to the games very often and the games I do go to are normally Carling Cup (I prefer seeing the kids have a run around, I actually do). This means I have seen Senderos play a couple of times and it is like nothing I have really experienced before; if there is an attack against us and Phil is involved there is a sort of heavy atmosphere in anticipation of a screw up.

I hear he is a really bright guy and also a really nice person (great mates with Cesc), I really hope he learns something in Italy hopefully not from Flamini regarding wages! I want him to come back and be a star, if not I want him to be a star somewhere. He is the closest thing Arsenal has to a cult hero at the moment and the fans love him whether they trust him is slightly different.
Good Luck Phil

Arsenal News

Comments (0)