Eboue - Ass Master?

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Tuesday 2 September 2008 18:08

Doing the rounds on the websites this morning I saw that Wenger hails Eboue as a "pass master" in my post slumber lack of attention i genuinely thought it said 'ass master' and felt that Arsene was resorting to ripping Manu to find some form out of the boy.

My stance on Eboue is that has always been overrated, I thought he had a very good season a couple ago. Everyone has a purple patch and I think Ade is going to prove that he had one last season. Expectations have grown and his game hasn't.

Now I am not going to use my new powers of telling maybe 3 people on the internet to hate everything about arsenal like some do! I think last season was difficult for him with a position move. I think he has moments of magic but I think Theo is the same but has more of these moments and doesn't dive.

I think Eboue plays a major part in the club but more as a jester than as a player, maybe he could be Gunnersaurus? The players all think he is very funny and that is a good thing but I dont understand it because he is probably one of the most hated players in the league.

Is the general opinion that he is overrated and should be benched? I think he would be great cover for Theo and Bac but not a starter surely? And never play in centre mid unless things get really desperate.

Comments (2)

your opinion on eboue is seriously unjustified. or let me put it another way, your assessment of his ability if plain wrong. a few sad bastards started scapegoating him last year and a bunch of sheep jumped on the bandwagon. fucking idiots. you are also dead wrong about adebayor. in case you didn't notice he played a huge part in our win on saturday. as did eboue. don't be an ass, a sheep or a motherfrucking chelski fan - and support the lads.

I'm totally justified in my opinion, I think he is not good enough to be an Arsenal first team player, I think he would be a great sub. I have a lot of respect for Ade I just dont think he is as good a footballer as people make out, I want him to score 30 a season I just think it is a bit unrealistic! Chelski fan...really?