Squad Celebration: 14, Theo Walcott

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Monday 8 September 2008 01:22

Theo seems to have been around for ages. This could well be down to the fact that due to our lack of English players Walcott became a fans favourite almost instantly. Still only 19!

I was excited that Theo was going to make his first real England start on saturday almost to the point that I was looking forward to the game. It came 18:50 and my mother put the weakest like on, it was some sort of special so i missed the first half, bugger. Apparently it was dire, same old England eh? The second half must have been equally as bad as I fell asleep. Sorry Theo! Apparently he was good though?

I think Walcott is very Naive, this sounds like a criticism but it is to be expected for his age. One of my favourite moments of last season was Adebayor's goal against AC, this may sound like a weird one but I spend a lot of my time trying to defend football to rugby fans; Theo got absolutely chopped and jumped up to put a ball in for Ade to win the game for us. I think the reason for the goal was possibly because the AC defence were expecting a free kick with him going down and were caught flat footed. Back to the point Walcott is small and will be bullied off the ball on occasions. He could have won us a couple of penalties and free kicks but his honesty is unprecedented in this age of football. I DETEST diving, its cheating surely? This is the reason I love Walcott.

Obviously his blistering pace is quite good as well, so is his running at defenders, his crossing can be world class and he often finds himself in the right place in the box. I don't know if Theo will be a striker or a winger, I think he is very nervous about having a dig and maybe a few games in the reserves would build his confidence, look how he performs against weaker opposition. I don't have these answers, you are reading the words of a dribbling idiot! If he built up his confidence he could be like the Liverpool era Michael Owen. I just hope the fans don't get impatient, PLEASE.


Arsenal News

Comments (0)