5 Step Plan To Avoid Stupidity

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Sunday 28 September 2008 10:55

Right I don’t want to dwell on yesterday too much because I can’t stand thinking about it. My feelings about Adebayor are now known, live with it. I am going to focus on how to move on.

1, Several of the starting team are not playing on merit, they are playing because they are the most 'valuable'. This is not only massively unfair on the squad players who have been performing well but it is stupid and illogical. I have always considered this to be a Wenger weakness. You must pick players on form because if not it ruins squad moral. Look at things from Bendtners point of view, he has been by far our best striker this season, Ade and van Persie have been dour. He must be thinking there is no chance of him starting! There is no reward for playing well and that’s harsh.

2, Corners are not hard to defend, we have a number of players who are of a decent size. I can’t understand why Gallas is pretty good at attacking corners but as soon as he has to defend one he is hopeless. This is the area we leak most goals and we are a danger against any team (Hull, Fulham). Not only that it’s embarrassing!

3, Our strikers are lazy. Adebayor used to work his socks off in the first few games of last season but this season he sees himself more as the target man. When I watched the United Vs Chavski and Scouserpool games I was amazed by how much effort Rooney put into his defensive duties. I think it is the reason he is so good. van Persie looked pretty good but he is by no means a worker from the middle of the park. His shooting has been woeful and his trademark free kicks have been weak. So many times it just looks like we can’t be bothered to put the ball in the net. These players must be on goal bonuses, bag yourself a couple of grand and boost out goal difference!

4, Players are constantly played out of position. I fully accept that it is important to have your best team out (see point 1) but it’s not the best team out if they are not playing in their usual positions. People say to me "oh Arsenal don't have a rigid positional set up" but they need it. I think it is madness that we have a right midfielder/defender playing on the left. Eboue was pretty quiet by his standards and has been for a few games on the left. If I was manager I would have done the sensible thing and played van Persie on the left (I still think it is his best position) and that would have made a place for Nikki B. If not I would have played Vela there, he’s used to it.

5, This is sort of linked to 1 but it is the other way, the last player to actively be dropped by Wenger was Jens, that was over a year ago. It would appear to me that he is too nice. When was the last time Adebayor was subbed? When was the last time someone was kicked down to the reserves? Alex Song has been flirting with a first team place, I think he is a much better player than Denilson, but nothing. Does Arsene just have a concrete starting 11 and only changes if there is an injury? Toure needs to be dropped. That is my new campaign, he has not doing anything wrong per say just not doing enough right!

I do not want to be one of these people who just slates the club but I don’t see why I should have to put up with the same problems. We are not evolving we are revolving (thank you Alan Partridge!). Kiss good bye to any success this season. If you don’t fix the problems they get worse!

Comments (2)

What we have now is not a wake up call, that was fulham. This is more dire and reflects to my view the policy of development vs. buying.

A little moderation please. No buying when we have plenty of cash? I predict we end up killing more youth by not winning anything than by buying some quality and giving our youth proper models to aspire to and requiring our youth to strive harder to prove themselves.

It may be a special group Arsene has put together but they're really not capaable of winning anything are they? We are Arsenal and we will win many games but we need to be objective about where we are and do something constructive about it.

I think it's a one step plane - bring in players who have leadership and know how to win and can make an immediate impact.

Dear Webmaster

My name is Mirsad Hasic.

I am the owner of http://www.soccer-training-guide.com

As an ongoing process to increase the link popularity of my site, I am looking for some good quality links to exchange links with my site.

I recently came across your site through search and found it beneficial and informative for my site's visitors. I would like to offer you a link exchange with my site.

A positive response from you on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Mirsad Hasic