Squad Celebration: 3, Bacary Sagna

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Thursday 4 September 2008 02:02

Bac was another inspired signing form The Boss, another Auxerre player who has come and slotted into the Arsenal system. I find it hard to write much about him because he seems to be quite a quiet member of the squad off the pitch in terms of interviews and such. In order to make up for this lack of knowledge I shall drop a couple of facts for you. He is cousins with Ibrahima Sonko but neither had met before the teams clashed last season! Now if that didn’t shock you and make you feel more of a Gooner for knowing this will....
...Bacary Sagna’s cool blonde dreadlocks are not real, there is a nice touch to it though, his mum attaches them for him. I am sorry if this came as a shock to you, it was like finding out Santa was the same person as the Easter bunny (my father).


He was in the team of the season last season which is pretty rare for a first season in England. There is not much more you can say than that. He does however cause a problem with the selection process. His name would be one of the first on the team sheet for me but the important dynamic of the team is the linkup between right back and right winger. I strongly feel that Theo is the future on the wing for the Red Army but I also think that Sagna and Eboue link up very well down the right and possibly cause more problems. One of the many challenges faced by Arsene, we have to let him earn his reputation I suppose!

Sagna is a nailed on first team player I don't see any reason for him not to be at the club for the foreseeable future. I hope he is looking to a testimonial, only 9 years to go! Is that wishful thinking considering the longest serving player in the squad is King Kolo for 6 years?

9 Days to Blackburn!

Arsenal News

Comments (0)