Squad Celebration: 8, Samir Nasri

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Friday 5 September 2008 18:27

Nasri arrived from Marseille and I hate to admit it but I knew about him from playing Football Manager*. Having seen that he was pretty good in the game and hearing that we were linked to him in January I decided to do some research. The videos of YouTube were my basis for analysing the boys skills.

The videos I found all showed him being good up until the shooting. I thought that we should have signed him then and then had to endure about 6 weeks of Mr Wenger teasing me with the purchase. It was our own version of Ronaldo or Robinho (except without the bitchiness or pathetic sniping of a player, we play by the book...ask Barca!). I knew he was on his way but just wanted the paperwork to be signed and finalised.

I am now aware that we are in full ownership of Nasri’s skills. It is so good to see him playing in an Arsenal shirt. I think he and Fabregas will devastate teams between them. There is one thing that has really taken me by surprise about this “new Zidane” and that is his strength and fight, ask Joey Barton. Actually...dont we have all seen what he does to his team mates let alone randoms! He is 5’10” so by no means a giant and not very well built looking but the amount of times already in the season he has managed to squeeze through non-existant gaps or hold off defenders has wowed me. He also seems to have an exceptionally low centre of balance, this helps him evade challenges and continue runs.

Having seen that he is obviously not shy of a shot is also a very good sign especially after the Hleb years (he was average glad to see the back of him sorry). This maybe means that he can help with the midfield goal tally. There is a link to Bobby Pires there. Maybe he is the love child of Zidane and Pires after an youth international? No that’s just silly, maybe some cloning and splicing of their genes? Nasri has also fitted into the squad well and I was excited to see that he is obviously good friends with Gael Clichy already.

Obviously it is early in his career as a Gooner but just think in 5 years time...

Nasri (Pires) – Fabregas (Fabregas) – Diaby (Viera) – Walcott
Going on their rate of improvement that will be the best ever Arsenal midfield!

The problem is he needs a chant! Any suggestions? I have got a good one for Eduardo but you will have to wait for the next post! (cliff hangers, quite the wee writer I am becoming!)
*Football manager is not real football but it is awesome, I just saw a video on YouTube for the new one and it looks amazing 3D games and stuff don’t expect a blog on the 14th of November!

8 Days to Blackburn!

Arsenal News

Comments (0)