Match Preview: Ull, Ome of Prescott....makes you make yourself sick

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Friday 26 September 2008 16:31

I thought I would make use of my political knowledge; it’s something I know a surprising amount about! John Prescott is a pig of a man. The end!

We need to keep the momentum going and stay top of the table for the sake of moral. If I had my way I would want us to take an approach like Chavski did last season. Play the 3rd place quiet contenders card, it suits our young squad and keeps some of the pressure off but I suppose you take all the points you get don't you?! I expect us to stay at the top of the table for a wee while.

Prediction
4-1, Vela, Bendtner, Fabregas with 2.


Key Battle
Fab vs. Ashbee – we need to put pressure on their midfield and that will force openings.


Players to Watch
· Vela. MUST start after his performance against the Blades.
· Song, I would like to see him start and put Diaby under some pressure for that position.


Odds
Arsenal – 1/5
Draw – 5/1
Hull – 14/1


Probable XI
Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Song Vela
Adebayor Bendtner

Watch Out For
Alex Song’s passing; it is surprisingly good for someone who looks like a borderline psychopath!


Missing Players

Eduardo,
Rosicky,
Diaby,
Nasri,


This is a game where we need to boss early on and not let Hull get into any sort of rhythm. They will try and block us out as long as they can but we need to open the flood gates.

I like the idea of a Song/Fabregas middle partnership, there is strength and someone to dictate tempo.

It is hard to predict the starting lineup because I think there are a number of players pushing for a starting place;

Bendtner - he has been really good, I didn’t expect to be saying that but it is a good thing! He is scoring a few this season and linking in well as a team player, this is his strength compared to Ade.

Vela – 3 in the Carling Cup and electric, we are short of players on the left he might get a start there, he played there while on loan.

Eboue – Had a blinder against Bolton, it’s about time I was sick of slating him!



There could be an influx of youth players or Arsene might just keep it the same as normal, it would be stupid to play a weakened side and drop points! We have a big month coming up and can’t let moral drop.

Comments (0)