Sunday Stories; Transfers and Other

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Sunday 4 January 2009 14:32

Another fairly tedious day for links and stories regarding our fine team. Having just swept Plymouth aside I await the draw with baited breath. Got a feeling we are going to get Man City. WAIT, no, that won’t happen! I think we will get a Premiership side or someone we can’t really send the kids out against.

Now to the transfer rubbish of the day. I am quite disappointed in the stories given that is Sunday the best day for mental stories.

Stephen Ireland – Signing a Man City player is going to be a mission, especially their best player. If someone told me we had signed him I would say “oh how much” I would consider it to be a waste of money because we have one of those it would be like my 2 telepathic aunts giving me the same CD most Christmas’. I think he is a good player and the sort I would like in the Arsenal side but give me any winger ahead of him. The only way I can see this happening is if Wenger does a Toure swap deal. If that was on the cards I want Micah Richards instead.
30%

Theo is upset about not being offered a new contract. ACTUALLY a “SOURCE CLOSE TO THEO” says so. This is the sort of Sunday paper rubbish that annoys me. It’s quite clearly total crap. I was in the front row for a game and Theo was about 5 yards away from me so I consider myself to have been close to Mr Walcott and I say he would play for free because he loves the club!

RvP is apparently in the same boat. I was sure he had signed a new contract but obviously not. He is also interested in the transfer plans in the next month. So am I, Robbo if you hear anything let me know yeah?

Toure to Man City £8m – Bored of this. I like Kolo but if he is going to continue to have stinkers he is going to have to go. Sorry but that’s football. If he’s not happy then he will be a burden
50%

I listened to yesterday’s match on ATVO and struggle to say anything about how we played from the radio. We are in the next round and it would appear Eboue played quite well but I could be wrong.

Comments (2)

STEPHEN IRELAND IS IRISH, not English!!!!!! he was born in Ireland, he was raised in Ireland, his parents are Irish, he has played for Ireland, he is Irish.

So, are you saying he is Irish then?