Something we are not?

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Tuesday 4 November 2008 12:42

I think the biggest problem with the Stoke match was that the team were trying to be something that they are not. I was surprised by the formation and not surprised it didn't work. I think the squad is so attack minded that playing a defensive team is just going to cause problems for the players. I am also surprised that the players who were "rotated" were the ones who were good against Spurs. This was lunacy. If we need such a dodgey rotation policy then surely the squad needs strengthening. I am a massive believer in the Arsene Wenger school of thought but it has got to the stage where he has made a rod for his own back with selection and transfers. I also think Denilson has to do something this week he hasn't been of late and it is deeply upsetting me when Diaby/Ramsey/Bischoff/Wilshere/Song could be playing his role significantly better, Denilson is not a defensive midfielder!


KEEP THE HISTORY GOING!
A petition to change the names of the Emirates stands to something meaningful and representative of our rich history. If you haven't already, have a click on http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/22991.html it takes under a minute to sign and you won't get pestered with emails or abused by spam, you don't even have to register! Cheers!

Comments (2)

Just FYI, Bischoff isn't a holding mid either. He's the opposite in fact, lol. I heard he prefers to play just behind the forward(s), hence Neil Banfield opting to change his formation to suit Bischoff.

bischoff is a defensive midfielder you twat