Transfer Rumours of The Day

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Tuesday 2 December 2008 12:28

A quiet day for stories today, can't find anything new at all. Just the new versions of Martins and Yaya Toure coming to Arsenal and Gallas apparently going to AC again.

It would appear that the Yaya Toure story is one that is going to eat up a lot of inches. Despite only watching Spanish football if its Villarreal I saw 5 minutes of the Barca game at the weekend ( Freddie "the king prawn" Kanoute made me feel sick so I promptly turned to something less revolting like some second rate celebs eat unmentionables). Anyway Yaya was playing and I thought that this story would sink under the table but obviously not, shows what I know!

The not signing him after the trial seems to be an expensive mistake. I think that if we got him for The Sun's reported £6m that is pretty good going. If we signed him I would feel a lot more optimistic about our chances this season. He would be out of the CL but there is less call for a physical presence in the competition. There are questions to be asked about his big brother Kolo this season. I would say he has been weak hence his loss of his place when he hasn't had little injuries and his brother who is "a better footballer than me" might just give him the lift he needs to retain the crown of King Kolo.

Comments (0)