Hopeless optimism losing hope...at least I'm not Rio!

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Saturday 13 December 2008 15:35

I have had the misfortune of having to put up with Rio Ferdinand's feeble existence for too long now. I am pretty sure the drug test avoiding (nothing dodgy there!) moron has somehow dodged the bullet with all the abuse Becks got for being thick. As a footballer I think he is pretty good but as soon as he opens his mouth I just want to eat my own ears. Given that footballers are famous for being pretty stupid I think this stereotype is giving the likes of Clichy a bad name. Ferdinand no doubt has advisers (for normal people these are called carers) coming out of his ears but yet still chooses to do the most moronic things possible. A good example of this is his world cup wind up show a year or 2 ago. If you watched it your IQ points would have been drained like mine were, if you enjoyed it you obviously had no IQ points to begin. So please avoid reading anything he says stupidity is contagious!

Like many football fans I enjoy the banter flying around the football world. I loved it because this time last season if you were a Gooner you were untouchable, playing beautiful football and winning.



I write this article pleased with the fact that I turned down a ticket to the Boro match. The prospect of a wet and miserable Teeside, watching passionless side being outplayed by the youngest team in the league, managed by the youngest manager in the league.

Arsenal fans are short of valid excuses for justifying our weak run. I shall give you a list of things that wont work!



We lack experience. It isn't as if we are broke like most of the other underachieving teams in this country, we could bring in experience. Experience is a funny thing. Our youthful side that played today managed to muster up 240 senior international caps. Statistics can be deceptive though, Almunia has none of those and is one of our most experienced players and Clichy only has 2 caps so add those to the experience bank and we are a very experienced side.

We have a lack of width, FACT. I refuse to understand how Arsene Wenger - who can only be considered a managerial master - can so easily choose to play a team that has about as much width as Rio Ferdinand's knowledge of literature. There are some things in life you have to accept and one of those is that Denilson, Song, Diaby, Ramsey and Cesc are all central players and cannot all start. It is a sign of lunacy to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

We lack depth. We only have ourselves to blame for that one with Wenger refusing to buy I can understand the difficulty of his position, Its like buying a load of stuff that is not worth much at the moment and saying soon they will be antiques and I will be rich. The assets of the squad are still not at their best and we cant just buy new people in for a year or 2 because that would be considered going back on ones self!

Defending corners is harder than it looks. Yes I'm sure it is that's why we could struggle in a set piece against Peter Kay Bolton Dwarfs team.

We are unlucky with injuries. We haven't been top of the injury table for more than a couple of days. The amount of niggling small injuries would suggest a problem with pre-training warm ups or something.



The Answer.....

If you are getting a hard time from pretty much anyone regarding the team you love just say "come back to me in 5 years" Weak but the best I have for you.

Comment (1)

It's sad what has happened to Arsenal. They were just a couple of players away from being one of the great teams of all time and - instead of acquiring needed centrebacks - they let go two of the best midfielders in the world. I'm a neutral who has been celebrating Beautiful FC for a number of years but I can't do it anymore and I believe that - after the first big hit of last summer's transfer window - if Wenger doesn't do anything in January and the team finish out of the Champions League - next summer will see the team lose both Adebayor and Fabregas - and the beautiful team will be dead.