It wasn't that bad was it?

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Sunday 7 December 2008 11:42

Despite my insistence that every Arsenal game should be on TV when I want it to be this one wasn't so I had to resort to my ATVO subscription. I can't make up my mind on this service, on the one hand its good that you can watch reserve games and match highlights but on the other hand most of the content is pretty weak. I sometimes enjoy the commentary but sometimes they just waffle on about things that are totally pointless and you have no idea what is happening and all of a sudden GOAL!

I had been saying to mates that if we don't win by more than 3 goals the kids are better than the first team. Due to my lack of watching the game and the ATVO highlights not showing ANY Wigan attacks I feel that it would be dangerous to comment. All I know is we had another clean sheet with Djourou on the pitch.

Like all the papers are saying I think the booing of Eboue is a total joke. The fans who did it should have thought quite seriously about what they were doing. I have made my feelings felt pretty clearly about the boy but given our current lack of wide players he is our first choice on the right until the Theo is back. Eboue has just come back from fitness and was clearly not ready for match time. Wenger was clearly stretched into playing him. So well done you have broken his confidence and what has that achieved? NOTHING, it may be pantomime season but its for kids.

Now for the result. I have been hoping for Arsenal to be grinding out 1-0's for ages against physical sides like Wigan, I think that although we didn't stuff them we still picked up 3 points. December/January is the hardest time for the team. if we won every game 1-0 would you complain? I thought not. We are the most important thing for AFC and we need to be solid!

Comments (0)