More Cesc News, Fixtures and the Mystery Wallchart

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Thursday 17 June 2010 10:46

I have never been one of these conspiracy theorists but the match schedule is rarely kind to us and once again it has proven tricky. At least we play United and Chelsea after CL matches where they will be likely to be moved to Sunday kickoffs. At least we don’t have the 4 match death march like last season.

We will play Liverpool in the first game of the season. A game I hope to go to with the Arsenal Scotland Supporters Club (ASSC). They are a fantastic lot of Gooners. They sent a coach full from Aberdeen to Sunderland which is pretty impressive since they didn’t get home until 2am! I really would advise you join your local supporters club because it is money well spent and a great community. The game I am looking forward to will be Blackpool away for a bit of banter and an overnight stay in what is a traditional and classy place, its in April so I might even get the Speedos out!

Just after I said about Requeme being good for Arsenal he was linked! Don’t know if that’s just because I have a massive brain or because he has a switched on agent trying to get him into the best club in Europe (maybe not statistically but historically and in terms of class).

My Graham (Plumbers merchants) WC Wallchart is wrong so I have no real idea when about 40 Arsenal players fight it out in Mexico V France but I will be a keen spectator. It is such a shame Le Sulk (Nik Anelka(no relative of Le Grove)) left because he had a chance to be a real icon for the club but to be fair he was a pain and we cashed in on him. He would be our highest scorer by now but instead will never really be remembered as a great player by any club except Bolton! It would be a shame for the same thing to happen with Cesc. Arsenal are good with their legends, I bet Fabregas would never be seen embracing the Nou Camp like Tony, Dennis, Ray et al do with the Grove.

Barca have said £40m is the tops for Fab, they said that about £30m. They are spending £70 on Torres apparently...Should clear a bit of Liverpool’s debt!

How do people feel about me kicking off the old twitter account again? I mainly use it for Gooner news but will do it if 3 people tell me to. I always think it’s a bit of an ego trip but my ego grows with every time someone likes my facebook status...rarely.

Comments (0)