The Moral High Ground

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Tuesday 15 June 2010 14:48

Right I am sick to death of these Barca folk behaving like animals.

First of all, they are bankrolled by the Spanish Government, so by everyone in Europe since the Spanish income is pretty much totally reliant on subsides due to the 23% unemployment rate, so effectively WE AS ARSENAL FANS are paying for Cesc to move to another team!

Secondly, They still owe several clubs money for players, INCLUDING ARSENAL.

Thirdly, the way they have gone about the deal has been appalling and must be considered to be tapping up. My personal favourite bit was when the first bid was laughed out of the room and they said well Cesc could buy out his contract...classy!

Fourthly,
"The sooner everything is unblocked, the better, but it must be understood that we, as the buying club, want to pay the least (amount) possible, and Arsenal, as the selling club, want to charge the highest possible amount of money."


That is the sort of business understanding that has really gripped me, I wasn't sure how bargaining worked but now I know, that business degree was really worthwhile!

I don't know if I need a fifth thing? if it comes up then I will let you all know.

Arsenal have decided to try and do the right thing by avoiding any real speculation or help sell newspapers. In all honesty the club has come out of it looking really weak, at least when United sold Ronaldo they got a fortune for him and looked like they won. I could see Fab go for under £45m and it will be a disgrace.

Finally I would like to give a shout out to Le-Grove, I read it daily and on a couple of occasions it has really annoyed me (during the early 2010 slump) but overall it is a great blog, reliable and I have dealt with Pedro a couple of times and he has been really helpful and encouraging with this blog. When I am next down for a match I would definately be in for getting a round of Peronis in! I didn't mean for that to sound quite so arse kissy but it really gets my goat when people slag something off for being negative without any real reason, reading Le Grove makes you think. Arsenal have under-achieved since the stadium move and things have to change.

Right time to watch Christiano Ronaldo and work out whether I would have been able to like him if he was a Gooner, the answer...NO!

Comments (3)

If you're on board with Le Groan, I'm not on board here. Shame, another potentially fine Arsenal blog lost to the dark side. Dunno why they don't just make it a Chelski blog and be done with it.

A shout to Le Groan the anti-Arsenal blog in a post that talks about moral high-ground? That's a good joke, thanks for the laugh!

Guys, le grove has obviously made you think and I think that is half of their point. If you don't accept that people are critical of the performance it turns into some sort of dictatorship! I love Arsenal and sometimes tough love is the best sort of love!

Don't worry this isn't going to be like Le Grove, this will be much more cheerful Think of it as a mix between LG and Untold Arsenal!