4-1? We Barely Deserved 1-1

Posted by Gooner Get Ya Sunday 12 April 2009 10:20

From my understanding of the match yesterday which I will have to conceed to be very limited because I was listening to it on ATVO. For the many useful services they offer the match show is not one of them, it has developed from match comentary into 2 blokes having a chat getting free seats at the Arsenal. They speak about very little of interest and just annoy me. Obviously When Romford Pele is involved it is epic and Adrian Clarke seems to talk a decent game even if Wenger shunned him!

The first few minutes were not getting my full attention because of the waffling and I was waiting for something to finish on Ebay. I missed a bargain and so I reached for the nearest consolation. In my quest to the fridge for cold refreshing consolation Wigan scored. In wishing the Arsenal defence was as tight as my wallet control the bad mood continued. I listened for the names of our star players to be read out but all I heard was a continual list of obscure players from our recent past in some stupid competiton type thing they were doing.

This game felt as helpless as the Fulham loss at the beginning of the season until things started to click. now we had taken the lead somehow. Then the fireworks came out and it was 4-1! Alex Song proving that its not just King Kolo who can make electric runs into the box with a stormer that made you wonder where the hell did that come from?!

Don't get me wrong I was livid with our performance for the first 50 minutes and the likes of Fabregas, Bendtner, Arshavin, Walcott and Denilson were totally invisible BUT great teams can play badly and win. This is growth in the squad, again look at the Fulham game.

I feel really sorry for poor Kieran Gibbs. With the loaning of Traore to Pompey we have eliminated any sort of leftback cover from Arsenal FC. Gibbs is left winger, this has never been quite as clear as yesterday. He looked totally lost and should have been sent off. It has left me questioning Wengers policy of playing players out of position when they are so young. He is dangerously close to breaking a young lads sprit. Especially when you have an old dog like Silvestre on the sidelines.


We are all hoping Djourou a quick recovery.

Comments (0)